- This event has passed.
NSA Austin Storytelling Competition (In-person event)
February 16 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm MST
ARE YOU A STORYTELLING CHAMPION?
Do you want to IMPROVE YOUR SPEECHCRAFT?
Do you want to COLLABORATE WITH THE BEST in the business?
Are you ready to take your storytelling to the NEXT LEVEL?
Do you want to be known for YOUR STORY?
THIS competition is created by PROFESSIONAL SPEAKERS for PROFESSIONAL SPEAKERS.
Competitions occur on three levels: Chapter, Regional & NATIONAL.
Competitors are scored on three tracks: MARKETABILITY, IMPACT & PRESENTATION.
Membership in an NSA Chapter is required to compete.
So, how does this work?
- All NSA Austin competitors will receive a recorded video of you telling your story!
- The WINNER will receive a digital certificate and advance to the Regional competition.
- There is a $500 Regional Level entry fee.
- Participants CANNOT change their story. The story that is used at the Chapter-Entry Level must be the story used at the Regional and National Level. The general story can be enhanced based on feedback/coaching received but the story at large must remain the same.
- Regional competitors will be assigned a Mentor to review and enhance their Chapter Champion story. Competitors will then be required to submit their final Regional entry video.
- All Regional competitors will be scored on three tracks: Marketability, Impact, & Presentation.
- The Regional Finalists will advance to the National Competition at Influence!
- The National Competition will be LIVE on the mainstage at Influence – Aug. 3-6, 2024!
- Panelists will provide constructive & positive feedback from the stage. Note: The National Panelists are not judges and do not vote.
- The AUDIENCE will vote for their National Champion!
All National Finalists will receive:
- NSA Website Mentions
- Elite-Level Mentor Sessions
- Mainstage Recording and Photos
- NSA Email and Social Media Recognition and…
- A Trophy for the National Champion!
Rules, Regulations, & FAQS
- NSA Speaker Hall of Fame/CPAE Recipients are considered “Elite Speakers” and do not qualify to compete. Elite-level speakers will be called upon to act as Judges and Mentors at various stages of the competition. Chapter-Level judge selection is at the discretion of the chapter leadership team but encouraged to include elite-level speakers on their panel of judges.
- NSA Chapter membership is required to participate.
- The National Champion is not eligible to compete in the competition in subsequent years – You can only WIN once.
- All Due Dates and Deadlines, Chapter, Regional and National, are non-negotiable and firm. No exceptions. Failure to comply could result in disqualification.
- A participant can only compete one time per year (one Chapter event only – not multiple Chapter competitions). This rule is applicable to anyone who is a member of multiple Chapters.
- A participant CANNOT change their story. The story that is used at the Chapter-Entry Level must be the story used at the Regional and National Level. The general story can be enhanced based on feedback/coaching received but the story at large must remain the same.
- Final scores and Champion selections made by the selected Judging Panel at all levels are conclusive and indisputable.
For a copy of the full Rules, Regulations, & FAQs, click here.
Contestant Agreement: Each contestant grants and releases to NSA, its successors, assigns, and licensees the right to photograph and record my entire presentation, including likeness, voice, and verbal statements, on film, videotape, and audiotape (collectively, the “Recording.” Each contestant also grants NSA the right to edit, distribute and/or showcase the Recording in the NSA Digital Vault, alone or as part of a compilation, at its discretion without additional approval. This Agreement does not constitute an affirmative obligation on the part of NSA to distribute the Recording. NSA and its agents are permitted the right to use the Recording, name, likeness, voice, and biographical information and any other information about the contestant in connection with the advertising, promotion and public relation efforts relating to the specific presentation dated herein, in all media, now known or hereafter created without any compensation.