The National Speakers Association Presents...
A Storytelling Competition...
With no name!
Submit your most creative name suggestion below, for the chance to win a complimentary registration to Influence 2024!
The deadline to submit a name and enter the competition is February 9, 2024. The winner will be unveiled at Thrive 2024, so get those creative juices flowing!
Are you a Storytelling Champion?
DO YOU WANT TO IMPROVE YOUR SPEECHCRAFT?
DO YOU WANT TO COLLABORATE WITH THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS?
ARE YOU READY TO TAKE YOUR STORYTELLING TO THE NEXT LEVEL?
DO YOU WANT TO BE KNOWN FOR YOUR STORY?
KEEP SCROLLING TO LEARN HOW!
NSA's Storytelling Competition is created by Professional speakers for Professional speakers.
Competitions occur on three levels: Chapter, Regional, & National.
Competitors are scored on three tracks: Marketability, Impact, & Presentation.
Chapter Competitions occur in January, February & March.
Membership in an NSA Chapter is required to compete.
Members & Non-Members - CLICK HERE - to find a competition near you!
Note: The Chapter Calendar is not managed by NSA HQ. The information listed in this calendar is curated by Chapter Administrators.
The WILD CARD is a Chapter-level virtual/video competition available to those whose Chapters are not participating in the competition.
If you want to compete, you are a member of an NSA Chapter and your Chapter is not participating in the competition, click the link below!
Each Chapter Champion is eligible to compete at the Regional level. In order to compete, the Champion's entry video submission and the Regional Finalist Fee must be submitted prior to the deadline.
For more information, please confer with your Chapter Administrator.
Regional competitors will be assigned a Mentor to review and enhance their Chapter Champion story. Competitors will then be required to submit their final Regional entry video by the pre-determined deadline.
All Regional competitors will be scored on three tracks: Marketability, Impact, & Presentation.
The Regional Finalists will advance to the National Competition at Influence!
NSA Northwest; NSA Mountain West; NSA Northern California; NSA Los Angeles; NSA San Diego; NSA Oregon; NSA Las Vegas; NSA Colorado; NSA Arizona; NSA New Mexico, NSA Hawaii, BNSA
NSA Minnesota; NSA Kansas City; NSA Illinois; NSA Michigan; NSA Wisconsin; NSA St. Louis; NSA North Texas; NSA Houston; NSA Austin; NSA Kentucky; NSA New Orleans
NSA New England; NSA Connecticut; NSA New York; NSA Philadelphia; NSA Pittsburgh; NSA Carolinas; NSA Virginia; NSA DC; NSA Ohio; NSA Georgia; NSA FSA; NSA Central Florida
The National Competition will be LIVE on the mainstage at Influence - Aug. 3-6, 2024!
Panelists will provide constructive & positive feedback from the stage.
Note: The National Panelists are not judges and do not vote.
The AUDIENCE will vote for their National Champion!
All National Finalists will receive:
NSA Website Mentions
Elite-Level Mentor Sessions
Mainstage Recording and Photos
NSA Email and Social Media Recognition and...
A Trophy for the National Champion!
Rules, Regulations, & FAQs
- NSA Speaker Hall of Fame/CPAE Recipients are considered “Elite Speakers” and do not qualify to compete. Elite-level speakers will be called upon to act as Judges and Mentors at various stages of the competition. Chapter-Level judge selection is at the discretion of the chapter leadership team but encouraged to include elite-level speakers on their panel of judges.
- NSA Chapter membership is required to participate.
- The National Champion is not eligible to compete in the competition in subsequent years - You can only WIN once.
- All Due Dates and Deadlines, Chapter, Regional and National, are non-negotiable and firm. No exceptions. Failure to comply could result in disqualification.
- A participant can only compete one time per year (one Chapter event only – not multiple Chapter competitions). This rule is applicable to anyone who is a member of multiple Chapters.
- A participant CANNOT change their story. The story that is used at the Chapter-Entry Level must be the story used at the Regional and National Level. The general story can be enhanced based on feedback/coaching received but the story at large must remain the same.
- Final scores and Champion selections made by the selected Judging Panel at all levels are conclusive and indisputable.
For a copy of the full Rules, Regulations, & FAQs, click here.
Contestant Agreement: Each contestant grants and releases to NSA, its successors, assigns, and licensees the right to photograph and record my entire presentation, including likeness, voice, and verbal statements, on film, videotape, and audiotape (collectively, the “Recording.” Each contestant also grants NSA the right to edit, distribute and/or showcase the Recording in the NSA Digital Vault, alone or as part of a compilation, at its discretion without additional approval. This Agreement does not constitute an affirmative obligation on the part of NSA to distribute the Recording. NSA and its agents are permitted the right to use the Recording, name, likeness, voice, and biographical information and any other information about the contestant in connection with the advertising, promotion and public relation efforts relating to the specific presentation dated herein, in all media, now known or hereafter created without any compensation.