- As a member, attendee, guest, vendor, exhibitor, contractor, sponsor, or employee of NSA, I will behave with civility, treating myself and others with respect and consideration at all times.
- The Spirit of Cavett, which includes humility, thoughtfulness, and generosity, will guide my interactions.
- I am responsible for my words and actions, understanding they have an impact on others. Therefore, I commit to choosing my words with intention and practicing active listening.
- When I witness or experience a breach of NSA’s Civility Code, Code of Ethics, or Professional Conduct Policy (examples can include unprofessional and/or aggressive language, inappropriate advances), I am empowered and encouraged to stand up and speak up and, if warranted, inform NSA and/or appropriate authorities. Inaction and silence embolden the offender and harm NSA’s culture.
- I respect the roles and responsibilities of each individual throughout NSA. I honor current chains of command and direct my suggestions and contributions through appropriate channels.
- If it is brought to my attention that my behavior is not aligned with NSA’s Civility Code, Code of Ethics, or Professional Conduct Policy, I will make space to listen to my intended or unintended impact on others, knowing that I am 100% responsible for this impact. Going forward, I will make choices that are both empathetic and aligned with NSA Codes and Policies.
- I consent to comply with and fully support NSA's Civility Code and the Spirit of Cavett that connects me to the NSA community.
- If I choose not to comply with NSA’s Civility Code, I could be denied attendance at events, and/or access to our online communities. In addition, if warranted, I could face suspension or even revocation of my membership as determined by NSA’s governing bodies.