Speaker Open Mic
October 19 | 5 p.m. ET, 2 p.m. PT
Join us for our next edition of Virtual Open Mic! Register to come and watch fellow NSA members workshop their comedy chops, stories or presentations.
Watch this special sneak peek of what you can expect from open mic host Andrew Tarvin, CSP!
All members are welcome! If you also want to perform you must choose that option on the registration form.
What You Need to Know:
- Register early if you would like to claim a spot to perform! Spots are given out on a first-come first-served basis.
- If you sign up to perform, you MUST be present at the start of the virtual session.
- If you are NOT present, we will release your spot to the next person on the list.
- What is an open mic? It's a safe place to come and workshop new (or existing) content for your business.
- What happens at the open mic? A little bit of everything. During our first session, we had a range of what people shared. Some did stories that they're working on for their keynote, others wanted to practice their opening. After each performer, the host offered up positive and constructive feedback verbally and many attendees offered ideas via chat.
- What's with the feedback thing? It's entirely optional but so often the only feedback we get is from the audience reaction. This is a place for speakers to get feedback from other professional speakers. Some people wanted feedback on places where they could be funnier, others were interested in clarity and curiosity building.
- Why not just go to a stand-up or variety open mic? You certainly can (and should). This open mic is meant to be quick (only an hour, plus it's virtual), the audience is full of speakers who can give you feedback on what type of things work for a corporate audience (not one that's drinking), AND the content of the other speakers is generally interesting and engaging (not some of the very inappropriate content you often find at comedy open mics).
We can't wait for you to join us!