Participation in National Speakers Association (“NSA” or “the Association”) social media outlets is open to Association members only. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established this Social Media Policy (“Policy”) which contains some basic rules for participation.
By joining an NSA social media Group or Website, you acknowledge that you have read and agree that you will adhere to this Policy. You also agree to reserve discussions for topics best suited to the medium. Social media outlets provide an opportunity to solicit the advice of peers, benefit from others’ experience, and participate in ongoing conversations. Questions about this Policy should be directed to Nikki Harris at memberservices@NSAspeaker.org.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important rules. If you have questions, contact memberservices@NSAspeaker.org. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, NSA reserves the right to suspend or terminate participation in any of its social media outlets by those who violate this Policy.
- Do not post commercial messages on any NSA Group or Website.
- Use caution when discussing or commenting on someone’ products or services. Information posted is available for all to see, and comments are subject to defamation and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you. NSA reserves the right to remove from a Group or Website any messages deemed by NSA to be inappropriate.
- Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner to post such material and to grant others the right to use such material. In addition, the posting party grants NSA and participants in its social media Groups and Websites the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
- Remember that social media participants have the right to reproduce postings.
- All messages must be on topic; i.e., related to the purposes of NSA. NSA reserves the right to reject any message or post for any reason.
- NSA is not responsible for the content of third-party sites to which you may gain access through linking from an NSA Group site. If, in a posted message, you provide a link to a third-party site, you agree that such link may only be to the site’s home page, and you represent that, to your knowledge, the material in that third-party site does not infringe someone else’s copyright.
NSA’s social media outlets are provided as a service of NSA for its members. NSA is not responsible for the opinions and information posted by others. NSA and the administrator of a particular social medium disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted, whether posted by the administrator, NSA or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall the administrator or NSA be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on any NSA social media outlet.
Participants in NSA social media Groups or Websites acknowledge that their use of and participation in those outlets are solely by permission of NSA. No participant shall acquire any ownership or other right in any intellectual or other property right of NSA by reason of such participation.
NSA’s intent is to comply at all times with federal and state antitrust laws. Accordingly, messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate any agreement that either expressly or impliedly tends to restrict competition. Messages that encourage or might facilitate an agreement about the selection, rejection, or termination of suppliers must be particularly avoided.
NSA and the administrator of any Group or Website do not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and do not undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the administrator or NSA’s attention, the administrator or NSA will take all appropriate action, including removal of the posting.
NSA reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these rules.
NSA reserves the right to modify this Policy at any time, and each participant who participates in the Group following any such modification agrees to be bound by the terms of any such modified Policy.
Each participant in NSA’s social media outlets agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold NSA and the administrator of each Group and Website harmless from any claims arising in any manner out of such participant’s posting of any message or such participant’s actions in response to any message posted to a Group or Site.
Each participant agrees that the law of the State of Arizona in the United States of America will apply to all matters relating to this Policy and to NSA’s social media outlets. In addition, each participant agrees and consents that, if there is ever any legal action against NSA arising out of use of these media, the state and federal courts located in Arizona, USA, will have exclusive jurisdiction and be the exclusive venue for any such legal action. Each participant agrees that the courts in that jurisdiction will have the right to exercise personal jurisdiction over such participant in connection with any claim involving such participant’s postings to a Group or Site or actions in response to any posting.